Adjusting an LED dimmer
This blog is about adjusting an LED dimmer and we explain why it is important to do so. When buying a wall dimmer, it is important to read the manual carefully before installing the LED dimmer in the wall.
Connect the dimmers as described in the enclosed manual or watch our instruction videos here on our YouTube channel. After that, you can start adjusting an LED dimmer.
Sometimes the minimum and maximum dimming settings of an LED dimmer need to be adjusted to prevent blinking lights, for example. Adjusting a dimmer is important to get an optimal dimming range and stable light image with the connected light source(s). For example, in the case of our dimmer 2497H, adjusting the minimum and maximum dimming positions is required. We call this the 5-5-8 rule.
Adjusting the dimmer
For adjusting an LED dimmer:
– Switch on the connected light source by pressing the dimmer button (1).
– Then use the dimmer knob (1) to set the connected light source to the desired dimming setting by turning the dimmer knob.
Programming (SET) minimum dimming setting of an LED dimmer
Go through the following steps to adjust the minimum dimming setting of the LED dimmer:
– Set the desired minimum dimming setting by turning the dimmer knob (1) anti-clockwise to the minimum stable minimum light setting.
– Press and hold the dimmer button 5 seconds until the light source turns off 1x and on again.
– The minimum dimming setting is stored in memory.
Programming (SET) maximum dimming setting of an LED dimmer
Then follow the following steps to adjust the maximum dimming setting:
– Turn the dimmer knob (1) clockwise.
– Now press the dimmer button for 5 seconds until the light source turns off 2x and on again.
– Now the maximum dimming setting is stored in memory.
Resetting dimmer from minimum and maximum dimming setting
Do you want to reset the dimmer’s settings? For example, because you want to connect other light sources. Then perform the following steps:
– If the connected light source is on, switch off the lamp!
– Press and hold the dimmer button (1) for 8 seconds until the light source switches on and off again.
You can now adjust the dimmer again in minimum and maximum dimming positions. For the steps to follow, start again at “Adjusting the dimmer”.
So the mnemonic is the 5-5-8 rule!
Having problems with dimming? Read the article here: dimming problems with LED lighting? 3x why and tips to solve it.